
Bright the day everyone :)
It's nice and early on this Sunday Morning, I was up at 4:30 a.m. couldn't sleep per usual lol.
Things have been rather frazzled, crazy etc. in my small portion of this world. In other words I guess rather busy. When it hasn't been busy I haven't been thinking or feeling the urge to write. I haven't even been to many of my journals that I read. I've been to a few but then something always seems to "pop up" and I run out of time. So, I'm sorry if I haven't been to visit but I'm trying to make my way through everyone.
Today Cindy is going to be sanding the drywall down so that we can put texture up and then paint the kitchen/dining areas... (you know where you "mud" the parts where the drywall joins? It will be nice to have that done and out of the way and pieces of this and that not everywhere lol. Then it's on to applying veneer to the kitchen cabinets, new hardware...but first we have to strip the old stain off of all the kitchen cabinet doors. That will be a time consuming experience. Yet, nice I think once it is all done.
Work has been picking up a little at least customer wise ~ tip wise? people are still being amazingly cheap. We have a special going on right now where they get soup/salad, entree and dessert for a special price (in other words complete service) and they are tipping terribly. Doesn't matter that they are getting full service, they are still tipping according to the price. You can run your rear end off for them but they don't budge. They either don't think or they don't give a damn. Yesterday was especially busy, ran my rear end off for 6 hours straight, no stop in sight and no break and made a mediocre take home as far as my take home tips. Rather irritating don't you think? Yet, I'm glad I have a job, trying to find another one part time to make up for the lack in the first one. Let me tell you, by the time I got home and "tried" to get out of the car? that was a laugh if anyone could have seen me. I HURT physically from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet ~ could hardly walk my feet hurt so bad and straighten up completely?? yeah, right (insert snort here) I was walking like a 80ish year old woman. Wound up going to bed at 8 p.m. and I think I was asleep within 2 to 3 minutes of my head hitting the pillow.
Cindy was very nice yesterday though, she was off and got quite a bit of the grocery shopping done... she did a great job at it. She hates grocery shopping. I will go either today sometime or tomorrow and get the things she didn't get that we need.
Her job has been still as stressful as ever, she's manager over two divisions now instead of just her own...but as she states it (and I) she has a job!!! It's been a great help that the gas prices have dropped as they have even if it has gone up 10 cents a gallon in the last few days.
Cindy is also on the Atkins Diet... she eats scrambled eggs and bacon in the morning then at night we eat some kind of meat and a salad (I add something to mine other than that) and she swears by that diet. I should probably go on one myself, maybe even this one; Goddess knows I need to lose weight, it would help me with work etc. in and of itself. Not to mention just general health issues. I'd also like to quit smoking... but I'm not going to even attempt to do both at once. It's too much to try to do together. hmmmmm diet or quit smoking. I think it will wind up being the diet.
The "boys" Lares and Draco are doing well ~ they are so sweet it's amazing. Kissy is becoming Cindy's cat... Kissy doesn't have any loyalty it seems lol. (Kissy is Kizmet).
Cindy is still asleep and when she wakes up I will probably cook breakfast before everything starts around here.
Going to go for now, hope all of you are doing well and are happy or somewhat so.
Blessings* Teresa
Oh yes, I am thrilled I have a job.
ReplyDeleteNow dieting or quit smoking. That's a choice. Either one you make you will do just fine. If you do decide to quit smoking. Go to http://quitnet.com It's amazing and it's kept me quit for the past 3 years. :-)
deb
Sounds like a busy day. Sorry the tips are not that good, I know we went to Vegas with a whole bunch of 1's and 5's so we could tip.
ReplyDeleteI would recommend diet (lifestyle change) first, because you will most likely put on 5-10 pounds initially when you quit smoking (we quit about 2.5 years ago), and then it will gradually come down to your normal weight.
Good luck whick ever path you choose.
I had amazing success when I was doing Atkins, too! I would do it now except for the cost. Meh. I mean, yeah, I could do it cheaper, but.....you know I'm a foodie...I gotta have a little bit of this and that.
ReplyDelete(wtf - that was a rambling sentence if ever I saw one. LOL)
Anyway, I'll email you a website....look for it in your mail...
::hug hug::
HOW MUCH HAS CINDY LOST SO FAR?? GOOD FOR HER..I NEED TO DO SOMETHING...lol
ReplyDeleteAwwwww glad you are back journaling hon, that sucks about the customers not tipping, that's not cool, Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about working. I had some extra shifts this weekend, and I feel like I'm 100! After these long weekends, I have to fight to stay awake or find myself up at 4am.
ReplyDeleteI am grateful for my work!
I've been doing 20/20-20% less food, 20% more activity. It's a slow but sure way to make healthy changes.
It's good to see you here! I've missed you.
Hugs, Leigh
Sounds like you're resolved to make some changes. Good for you! Ken is probably right that you should try to change your eating habits before you try to quit smoking. But when it comes time to quit smoking, please add me as a resource and let me be your cheerleader!! I will be happy to provide moral support and encouragement. Just keep it in the back of your mind, okay?
ReplyDeleteHugs, Beth
I throughly understand the frusterations of the home repairs. I spent the entire summer under that guise. As for smoking, when your ready I'm here. I can honestly tell you from experience the lung disease and struggle to breath are so not worth it. Your in my thoughts dear one! (Hugs)Indigo
ReplyDeleteI've always enjoyed doing drywall, i really do, if you approach it as a creative project it really is fun.
ReplyDeleteHehee, for being such a girly girl I've done lots of drywalling, roofing, sanding and staining. The UPS guy that buys my cookies (as in Choc. Chip), stopped the big brown truck that other day when I wasn in the front yard staining a bookcase & wicker chair. He said, "One day you are a cook and the next day you doing a carpenter. Is there anything you can't do?" LOL!! Yep, lose weight, but I just smiled. I've never smoked, butif it's as hard as losing weight it must be hell.
ReplyDeleteHugs & blessings....