3.09.2009

hey, hey

Photobucket

Cindy and I had a nice weekend :) Saturday we spent raking leaves and then just "chilling" she wasn't feeling that great so we took it easy ~ had pizza and hotwings for lunch/dinner. Yesterday we went to the furniture store and bought the matching recliner for the new living room set (brought that one home with us in the truck because that had that one in stock. While we were out we went and bought some Frontline for the "boys" ~ the Ticks are already out down here because it just didn't get cold enough for long enough to stop them, the fleas are going to be terrible this year also...have I mentioned in the past that I HATE bugs?? lol. We also went by Barnes and Noble, then we went to eat at Olive Garden ~ I had soup and salad and Cindy had the Chicken Flatbread...it was a easy meal, nothing heavy or fancy. When we got home she did some sanding and painting. THEN we watched the Series Finale' of "The L Word" ~ Cindy is mad about that show lol. We are hoping there will be a spin off somewhere on Showtime that follows it. I really liked "Queer as Folk" when it was on, The L Word didn't portray enough as far as the variety of Lesbians are out there, the majority of us are normal, hardworking, everyday "Schmoes" ~ granted in California there IS a larger population of the kinds of Lesbians that are portrayed in The L Word as there is in other larger cities/populations ~ it's the fact that there are alot more smaller towns/cities where our (lesbians in general) aren't like that. I guess that is Hollywood for you...the show was filmed in Vancouver Canada. It's sad that it's over though in a way... 6 Seasons were filmed. One day hopefully as far as the gay/lesbian/transgendered/transexual community are concerned we will be granted the same protections as far as employment everywhere in the United States (and the world) that we will be able to be ourselves in public and not be afraid to hold hands with our partner and not be singled out for violence because we do, not have to deal with hate crimes. That we can have children and raise them and have the public KNOW that the children aren't "contaminated" or abused. That we can have the same rights pertaining to our partners that straight people have (i.e. hospitals, life decisions, taxes etc. etc. etc.) As far as marriage? The states individually perform the actual marriages...justice of the peace etc. The "church" is only an extension of it, the churches have no right to say we can't get married. ::I'm rambling here and not making sense so I'm stopping now::.


The weather over the weekend as I mentioned previously is warmer here ~ today it will reach about 82 degrees and it's muggy uggghhhhh we NEED rain!! I brought that up in my last entry also lol.

Cindy and I have been talking a lot more and things are working out very nicely :) I've deleted my private journal because it wasn't fair for me to have it, in my opinion. What I talked about there are things I need to talk to Cindy about in person TO her.

I will probably be posting a couple recipes later on today...2 soups and a desert :) again very simple and easy to make!

I've been trying to work with graphics and Paint Shop Pro (PSP) more and more, tagging etc. for sig tags... I want to progress further in animation and creating tag's from tubes and masks. It's been slow going but I'm doing it. I LOVE graphics. My tastes tend to run to gothic/fantasy/dark themes, but that's just me. There are very few "sickly sweet" types of tag's that I like. ::shrug:: I also want to learn how to make stationary.

Ok, I'm going to go for now because my focus is slipping and when that happens I don't make any sense at all ~ I'm already jumping around subject to subject. LOL.

Hugs, Teresa

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hey Teresa, Sounds like a very quiet and enjoyable weekend. I completely agree with your rant. I have never understood the issues with whom we choose to love. Still, I do believe that one day... slowly but surely we'll get there. I just wish it could be a less violent trip. Hugs, Estela

    ReplyDelete
  2. good entry teresa.and very true.intolerance is an evil word,whatever the subject.take care,love mort xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, glad you had a good weekend, you sound happy and I agree 100 % with your rant too, Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news on the communication front :o)

    Glad you both had such a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things are much better. Yah!

    I'm with you on partnership rights. Even if people balk at "marriage," everyone deserves rights with their chosen partner.

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Queer As Folk went off I cried and cried. I mean, big fat tears! I loved that show so much. I was disappointed with how the L Word ended. I'm sure they had their reasons for ending that way, but I was still disappointed. I hope that Showtime, or HBO comes up with another gay themed show. Those two shows made me feel like we are not alone, even if it was all fiction.
    Love you,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete