Do you ever wonder (most of you don't but maybe the "larger" sized ladies out there will) wonder how/why/do they think we are idiots ~ they use skinny women on catalogs for plus sized women???? I do NOT get that. Yea, sure, they MAY be a size 12, just maybe... or like on excercise videos (for the exception of Richard Simmons, I think he's adorable LOL) they only use beautiful skinny people? Why don't they use REAL people? people that actually have problems with their weight or self image?? that can't fit into a size 2 if their lives depended on it?? or the image that they throw at men that they should have the perfect "6 pack" or muscles either oozing everywhere or their bodies tight? puhleeze. Air brush ups are wonderful aren't they? it's just too bad the huge majority of the human race don't have that luxury.Or hair coloring commercials or shampoo commercials..::insert another huge snort here:: yea, right...everyone's hair will look like they do on the commercials. Nope. Or women that are losing their hair? oh jeez don't get me started there.
Commercialism
Me? I have extra weight ~ I have HIPS, I have BREASTS that aren't the perfect 36C in fact they make my back HURT...Ms. Gravity just LOVES me. My complexion isn't perfect, my hair is falling out. Should I go hide in the closet?? Cindy loves me extra curves and all and she finds me very sexy :) Aren't I lucky? Plus, she loves my cookin' LOL.
Hugs**
Teresa
I so agree with you! I'm tired of seeing beautiful skinny women advertising everything.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about the plus size clothes on skinny women. Seriously...it irritates me so bad! Even though I may have the plus sized clothes, I am still not gonna look like they do. Pfft.
ReplyDeleteIt's honestly been a relief to realize this.. that every thing is photo-shopped for our viewing pleasure. Sure takes a load off my mind. :)
ReplyDeleteOh I agree with you hon being a plus - sized gal myself, Hugs Lisa
ReplyDelete44DD here sister friend...I definitely know what you mean.
ReplyDeleteI've been buying a lot of denim and company from QVC. They actually have some plus sized models to model the clothes, and I find that they fit very well, and are made very well too!
Lovish!
Connie
Airbrushing. If anyone thinks that the models or actresses on magazine covers are perfect...airbrushing.
ReplyDeleteI will tell you some of the women themselves are at fault. When we had a local fashion show and they used all sized women, some very heavy women in the audience were complaining. Saying that they used "fat" women. I was aghast, because some of the women saying it were much heavier than the models used.
ReplyDeleteWhat I really came by to say is I used your recipe(in an earlier post for the custard pies- for charity) & they came out great :-). ~Mary
amen sista!!
ReplyDeleteman point of view,and just to clarify.us men actually PREFER women who LOOK like women.least this one does.speaking as someone who could lose several(ok a lot)pounds it annoys me to hell all this fake advertising.as long as you are happy,good for you hun.take care,love mort xxxx
ReplyDelete