
Well ~ "little" is in the mind of the beholder... let's just say as I've read and heard others state ~ there's more of me to love lol. But, yes... I'm going to HAVE to go on a diet soon or else I will be very unhappy with myself as well as uncomfortable!!
A few years ago I did the Richard Simmons deal a meal diet and it worked ! I was able to eat what I liked pretty much just cutting the portions and cutting back quite a bit on the "bad" things I enjoy so much such as butter. Sheesh but I love butter in my foods, cooking with it, baking with it, etc. etc. Can't help it oh, and I think I've mentioned it before SALT! Whereas most people have sweet tooth's and want and crave sweet things? I crave salty things, only very occasionally do I crave anything sweet. I'm going to have to go on Ebay and look for one of Richard's Deal a Meal thingies I guess.
We had a wonderful rainy weekend ~ the humidity afterwards I could have done without but it comes as part of the package around here. It was in the middle to upper 70's last week then during the weekend it dropped down pretty cold, the wind was ferocious on Saturday... loved it :) Last night we had a pretty hefty Thunderstorm blow through about 3 a.m. I was up with it because Cindy has me paranoid now about Tornadoes. It's like every sound I heard (outside of the thunder, rain and wind) was that "freight train" sound that is supposed to come with Tornadoes. Don't get me wrong, I've lived around Tornadoes before but in Oregon (at least the area that I lived) Tornadoes were rare and few between, we rarely got full on thunderstorms, we just had "rain" regular good old "rain" lol ~ but the beauty of that state is awe inspiring, at least in my neck of Oregon. Why do you think it's so green and rich up there?? lol.
Work has been pretty slow, they've cut back on hours so that's not good ~ only the "toadies" have more hours than the rest of us. Darn, they are GOOD toadies...(snort).
Cindy has to go over her Mom's and Dad's this weekend and mow the pastures (after moving the horses etc.) to get the ragweed cut down, it really bothers them as her Dad is severly allergic to the stuff and has to wear a surgical mask when he goes outside, even inside the house too. He's had triple bypass a couple of times so this is not good at all for him and he can't get out and mow the pastures, it would probably put him in the hospital. So, my darling Cindy is going to go over there and do it to give them a much needed break.
April will be a bad month for Cindy and her Family. This month 11 years ago, Shyanne, Cindy's niece was murdered by a drunk driver. I've mentioned it before so I won't go into detail ~ just say, every year it's hard on the whole family.
I will be posting a few posts today about Beltane...or May Day :) I will be posting some recipes to bake/cook things, recipes for incenses etc. Hope you like them or at least read about them.
Hugs,
I have never seen the deal a meal program. I have heard about it though. I hope you find it on ebay! I will keep Cindy and her family in my thoughts and prayers. Linda
ReplyDeleteTeresa, always good to have an entry from you, my hours have been cut too at work and yes I too should be dieting, Coke a Cola is my weakness and Chinese food too as well as sweets, Will keep Cindy and her family in my prayers next month, Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeleteLast summer I was the heaviest I've ever been. Ugh! The heat bothered me terrbily. I hate the sticky feeling all the time, but especially at bedtime. I like Weight Watchers myself. For butter...found a "spray-on" brand tht was pretty darn good. No sure, but I think it's a "It's not Butter" spray.
ReplyDeleteI hope with passing time Cindy's family can celebrate her nieces life,rather then mourne her death. I know, easier said than done.
I hope all goes well with your efforts at dieting! We mainly use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light), but I use butter sometimes in cooking. I just try to limit the butter, but sometimes nothing else will do! I also cook with olive oil a lot. That is actually GOOD for you!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Beth
good luck teresa,as someone who fails miserably to lose weight i know how it can be,last bit said through a mouthfull of choccy lol take care,mort xx
ReplyDeleteHope you are successful in your diet plans.
ReplyDeleteHope your April is better than you hope.
I've been substituting applesauce in my baked goods to replace butter/oil.. and it really works! You've shared with me about Cindy's niece... I know how hard those types of anniversaries are. I will keep everyone in my prayers. Hugs,
ReplyDeleteI always used to love watching Richard Simmons on the television and of course I have several of his tapes, Sweating to the Oldies, lol. They're great!
ReplyDeleteThey forcasted for us to have severe storms and tornadoes for days...and the day it was supposed to happen it barely even rained here. I had worked myself up into a real "state"...worrying about it, and then it didnt do anything.
ReplyDeleteI did the Deal A Meal thing for a while too. It does work.
Love you T,
Connie
I AM WITH YOU ON THE DIET THING...I NEED TO GET SOME OF THIS LARD OFF MY ARSE BEFORE SUMMER..CAN'T STAND TO BE SWEATING ALL THE TIME..NOT PRETTY!!
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS SAD ABOUT CINDY'S NIECE..NEVER GOES AWAY ..THE PAIN I MEAN...
LOVE YA JUST THE WAY YOU ARE BY THE WAY!!
I hope all goes well with your efforts at dieting!
ReplyDelete