4.13.2009

Photobucket

Hello all ~ thought I'd write a short or whatever entry today that doesn't contain recipes, things about my beliefs or whatnot. Isn't that a relief?? or is it.

I'm sitting here with a massive headache/migraine really ~ upset tummy etc. etc. in general I'm feeling lousy. I think it's been building up this past week till now and it's finally hitting me ~ of course on my day off right?? I've got the house dark and quiet yet it still feels like there are knitting needles being stuck in my brain and it's not helping at all. I know, bitch, bitch, bitch ~ whine, whine, whine but fact is fact besides it all.

Last week was awfully slow and stressful at work, the boss is feeling the pressure too so it's passed on to us "underlings". He's a nice enough fellow on the whole but sometimes I feel like just looking him dead in the eye and saying "f**k you" that he needs to quit treating people like morons (for the exceptions of the favorite of course) and realize that ALL of us are feeling the economic lack these days. Grrrr.

Cindy and I had a rather nice weekend, I enjoyed being with her. We went and did some things for the house Saturday then we went to the Biker oriented grill at the bike shop (not real bikers mind you but weekend warriors) and had a burger. Then yesterday (Sunday) we went to the grocery store and purchased groceries and lots of dog treats. Got a ham so I baked a ham and we had creamed new potatoes with parsley and grean beans for dinner. Cindy found a site called "Second Life" that some people have been telling her about and it's crazy... people get so hooked on this make believe "world" that they spend hours and hours in it. Granted it IS neat, but I wouldn't spend hours in it. I prefer being with Cindy and the boys being real. Of course there are times I'm sure that I might feel the urge to disappear for a few hours LOL. Here is the addy... www.secondlife.com if you'd like to check it out.

Ok, the last couple of weeks the crap on the news channels and in the paper has been really stressing me out and depressing the hell out of me. It's gotten to when I watch anything to do with the aforementioned I feel like crying my heart out and I get this huge weight on my soul. I don't understand it. I don't understand how a city like Sacramento can give marching orders to people that are living in a tent city there (because they've lost their jobs, their homes etc.) they have no where else to go. Yes, there are shelters but said shelters won't let them bring some of their belongings nor will it allow for them to keep their precious pets (their CHILDREN) so they prefer to stay in the relative UNSAFE tent city to hold on to their precious ones. (And YES furry one's are just like CHILDREN not and never just "animals" ~ I'd like to twist off people's heads and well as generally twist off on the people themselves that try to insist otherwise, morons.) No I'm not apologizing for that. You either have the capability of understanding that bond or you are as unempathetic as a concrete wall.

Dayum I'm bitchin' just like I said I would aren't I? The good things in this life are the fact that Cindy and I's "children" (the boys and Kizmet) are happy and healthy...we both have jobs, we have a wonderful home and food on the table and $$ to pay the bills. Doesn't mean I have to be silent about the rest of the crap.

Okay, guess I will go for now, unless I think of something else to say or my head and body quit trying to revolt on me.

Peace out.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm, "Diamonds and Pearls." I LOVE this song!

    I'm sorry you're feeling crummy and hope you feel better soon! And when I first saw the story about tent cities, it made me weep, too. That we have come to this...it's appalling.

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, hope you are feeling better, As always I agree with you, Love and Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE TIMES ARE DIFFICULT FOR SURE..
    AND NOW NOSY ME IS OFF TO CHECK OUT THAT SITE...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had a documentary on one of our tv channels about second life.apparently a woman in the states "fell in love" with the avatar,virtual figure,of a man here in the UK,left her husband and young kids and came over to meet him.except.surprise.he werent nothing like the character he had choosen in second life.disaster.i do wonder sometimes lol.take care and get better soon,love mort xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie-I hope that H/A didn't last all day (or days). I know what you mean about the tent cities. We have them down in St Pete and Tampa. Luckily the churches are supplying the land, port-a-potties, and water. You are so right aboutthe shelters. Down here they are only open from 9pm to 6 am. The people have to leave. No pets, no kids (although if woman go to the Domestic Abuse shelter they can be taken care of-but they have to lie). It's a sad situtation.

    My daughter who works in Chicago had no money worries working in 'fine dining' on the million dollar mile until the past few months. She used to assure me that 'money was not a problem'. Well, it is now. People, even the rich, sre not dining out.

    Your dinner on Sunday, sounds so "delish". At my home the table, or "hearth", has always been the center of my home. When you write, whether it is sharing a recipe, an idea, opinion, or suggeston, it feels you are sharing your hearth & heart with us. Thanks so much.

    Hugs & Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you had such a nice weekend. Reading that made me hungry for a good burger. Hope your head feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete