
Hello all ~
I haven't written in awhile (again) I've been being lazy and messing with Facebook instead which is going to be remedied very quickly.
Very few people respond to any of my entries into Facebook anyway, much the same here on my journal but what the heck. At least on my journal I can write more.
Things have been pretty much the same here in my neck of the woods, I don't have anything clever to say or thought inspiring.
Work ~ the same, stressful, slow and a majorly ignorant boss and I'm really sorry to have to say that but it's the truth.
I asked him the other day what he thought about Harry Potter - he said if he had children he wouldn't allow them to read the series or see the movies. Goes against his faith that it promotes witchcraft etc.
Golly Gee ~ he saying this to my face without the knowledge that I'm a lesbian AND the fact I'm a Pagan. I'd previously written his feelings about Homosexuals :)
C. is under major stress at her job - she too has a jack a napes for a boss. Difference being everyone KNOWS he's a jack a napes. Mine? he hides his under a fake smile and fake emotion.

It really is amazing how much ignorance is out there in regards to both Gay/Lesbian/Transgendered/Transexual/Bisexual people out there. It's amazing how much prejudice there still is out there. It's amazing that people just don't get the fact that we are all human beings and that some of us are just going to be different. Period.
Transexuals have a very hard time of it, both male AND female. Males knowing they are feminine and female on the inside but being born in the wrong body. Females knowing they are masculine/male on the inside and born in the wrong body. People call it confusion, sickness, mentally unstable and something to be laughed at.
One time I was in the Home Depo here and a Female Transexual came into the store with "her" family and the men that were in the lawnmower etc. dept. were making smart comments and making fun of her. I walked up to them and asked them if they know what ignorant asses they were? That she had feelings and she was what she was. There were a few other things I said also some being bigot, mean and thoughtless. The Trans lady didn't know she had someone standing up for her and who understood what it was like to have people laugh at them or judge them without knowing the person underneath. Anywhoo ~ those so called "macho men" melted into the background when I confronted them. They lost their attitude rather quickly when confronted with the mirror of their ignorance. It's not a very pretty reflection let me tell you.
Transexual or any other person who is other than heterosexual, being so does NOT make it right to use them as your laughing board. Just because they/we/them are different from what they/them etc. consider "normal".
I've seen and have had friends that were transexual or transgendered and believe me ~ some of those Male to Female's are even more beautiful than biologically born females. I mean drop dead gorgeous. Same about Female to Males ~ I've had some friends that were handsome as heck. And you know what? once they were able to be the REAL person they were inside on the outside? They were extremely happy. There are some though that make the change expecting the change to be the awnser to all their problems in life, that the change would take away all their anger/rage/sorrow...and it didn't. They stayed miserable and angry. Having the surgery doesn't always fix what needs/wants to be fixed. That has to take place within oneself and being happy with WHO they are on the INSIDE.
Anyhow...I'm climbing off my soapbox about that except for this one little note. When you are thinking about how weird someone else is? look in your own mirror, you might see someone who to someone else is a total freak, or weird, or ugly or whatever. The heart is where it matters and when you allow your religion to dictate what you should do/feel/express or condemn without listening to what your heart is telling you, your conscience ~ without the prejudice that one is taught...you will find that you cannot cast a stone without breaking the mirror in front of your own face.
Toodles*
It is hard to follow folks on Facebook because I also do games, and you end up with hundreds of people as "friends". I suppose I should weed them out some.
ReplyDeleteTolerance and understanding is hard to come by with the older generations, but I think the Gen X and Y crowd are much more aware of diversity and embrace it. This to shall pass, but it will take time.
Teresa, I for one am really glad you are on Facebook, you are so right about people and thier ignorance, that is so awesome that you stood up for that trans- sexual lady at Home Depot, glad you shamed all those ignorant fools, Love Ya and Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeleteYou know you're preachin' to the choir, hon. It's terrible to see such hatred of others. I just don't get it, and I never will. Hugs, Beth
ReplyDeleteSome people will always stay ignorant no matter how much info is out there.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week and don't be a stranger!
I have been singing in my head this week "looking at the man in the mirror" Probably the only person in my family who may have a little pity, empathy, love for the MJ
ReplyDeletewhich is the same thing as your entry- Looking deep into one's self can always be enlightening or at least revealing! I miss being here in your dark warmth- I always come away thinking and wondering... I sure need support too! Love you - post often- Hugs and love from me and my babies (Merlyn, Porkulina and Zippy) Dannelle (never posting my P and L!)
WE had a trans-gender temp at my work...he to she....they made her use the mens room because she was still "male" I thought it was horrible...and disgusting that the company I worked for would do that I even questioned the boss over it and he just said it was comany rules.....people from all over the plant were comming to stare at her. Even people im my dept were refering to her as an "it"...I went off on one of them...boss had to call me in the office....I told him well she is not an "it" she is a human being. Yell at him.
ReplyDeletesome days I really dislike people.
Melanie
BEAUTIFULLY SAID MY LOVE...
ReplyDelete