
Bright the day everyone ~ I hope this entry finds you all happy if not somewhat happy. I haven't written in a couple of days or commented in journals because I've been mourning Heathen, I still am. I haven't had the desire for much of anything the last few days. I miss him so much and Kizmet isn't eating normally either. She looks and looks for him and cries.
I was initially going to have him cremated because I absolutely hated the idea of burying him, but because of the cost involved (which by the way is a major rip off, you can cremate a homeless person for less than you can a cat) we wound up burying him. He's under the huge old oak tree in the front yard, I'm going to make him a little plot with rocks and a small headstone, then I'm going to plant catnip all around it, he loved his catnip. Cindy says if we ever sell this house that we will take him with us wherever we go. That helped quite a bit. I feel so guilty about not cremating him, the idea of him just moldering in the ground grieves me. One of his pictures is on my altar with his collar on it. Damn I miss him.
On with more interesting things, I'm sure you don't want to hear me moan and weep about the demise of my baby (some of you won't mind because I know you understand, but then there are others that find it so uncomfortable or silly for someone to feel that deeply for what they might consider JUST a animal).
The election is today...who do you think will win? I don't know who. What I want is for the person who will do the best for this country to win. Maybe what we do need is a fresh perspective, someone not embroiled with the back slamming and the old politics as usual stand. I've almost lost faith in all of the system. Quite a few people are saying that it doesn't matter who we vote for, it's the electoral college that decides, not the people. I wonder if the same farce will happen between Obama and McCain that happened with Bush vs. Gore, the lies and the manipulating. It's exhausting.
I'm hoping that once the election is over with people will start opening their wallets again, the economy is hitting Cindy and I really hard and I'm sure that it is affecting most everyone out there within a certain income bracket just AS hard. Fears about buying necessities, health care, maintaining and keeping their jobs. Something has to happen and it needs to happen soon.
Let me say one thing. Thanks to all of you that wrote and expressed your sympathy about Heathen passing on to the Summerland. It made me feel somewhat better to know that there were/are people that really care out there. I'm not going to state names but you know who you are. I know who you are because the sincerity echoed across the miles to my heart & I love you for it.
Blessings**
I am so sorry to hear that you beloved Heathen passed on. I feel your pain, dear friend. My little Willow is buried in my yard under a rose bush. My poor husband cried like a child when he buried her. I can swear that I see her by my side door sometimes. Otherwise, I hope she's chasing butterflies.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling a little better soon.
Warm hugs to you...Ada
I have three dogs and one kitty. Sophie, my oldest dog is a weimerimer and she is old. She is 11 and not in the best of health. Her and I have a love/hate relationhip (she really knows how to make me mad!) But let me tell you, if one single person were to say something to me like, she was only a dog, after she passes I will probably do something I shouldn't. Somehow they become so much more to us than just animals! Linda
ReplyDeleteIf they don't understand the human animal connection then...they are devoid of a beautiful link in their lives. Take your time to mourn your beautiful boy dear one. I for one understand and continue to keep you in my thoughts. (Hugs)Indigo
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Heathen. It's always so sad to lose a pet. I would be lost without any of mine. BIG Huggies.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you lost your friend. I am catching up on journals. I love black cats. Baby was my special black cat and I could never replace her nor do I try anymore. She was like one of my kids actually she was my first kid.
ReplyDeleteI'm like you I hope that whoever is chosen will do what is best for our country. Not everyone will be happy, but that is life. I think everyone is worried about what is gonna happen.
Take care, Chrissie
I think it's good that you decided to bury Heathen in your yard. If you want to, you can visit him, even talk to him. Anyone who dismisses the love we feel for our pets will probably never understand. Sad.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I think Obama is going to win. It should be interesting to watch the results come in!
Hugs, Beth
oh love,im so so sorry i missed your last entry, i know how you feel. i had a stray,pudytat (shurrup lol) he was sooo sweet hes on one of my old entries. tiny short legs,wild,nervous. i fed him,he came evry day,sheltered in my greenhouse. just starting to trust me. i found him dead one morning,laying where he fell. young cat,obviously had a heart attack or similar. i cried. im a 55 year old man.n i cried. got 3 cats buried in my garden,none were "mine".they choose to come and stay.now they stay for ever. my deepest sympathies at your loss.take care love mort xx
ReplyDeleteSorry about Heathen, I think you have the best idea for his burial at least he'll always be with you.
ReplyDeleteHope you feeling better after your bout of flue last week.
I will be glued to my seat tonight watching the US elections it's on all night here in the UK.
Take care
Yasmin
xx
I don't mind it a bit if you talk of missing and mourning your Heathen. That's a huge part of your life that's missing now.
ReplyDeleteThe election, who knows? I just hope that something is done to help the middle class before it disappears.
Hugs to you.....
Over time, I think you will be glad that you have a little memorial :o) We are watching the results of the election now, and are nervous, but pulling for Obama.
ReplyDeleteAwwwwww hon I am so sorry to hear Heathen passes away, Big Huge Hugs to you hon, Love Lisa
ReplyDeletesorry about heathen he was adorable want my black cat his terrible lol
ReplyDelete