
As the World Turns ~
I have GOT to start getting a full nights sleep. Period. That's all there is to it. I toss and turn all night, mind won't shut off, I'm hot and irritable, I'm up usually by 4 a.m. a few nights even earlier 2:30 a.m. to 3 a.m. Cindy and I go to bed generally around 9 to 10 p.m. so that's not that much sleep, if any.
The weather here or rather the "temperature" has been getting warmer and warmer. It's been the upper 80's (89 being the highest it's been) throughout this week, humid along with it. So any of you that have read me for awhile know that I'm ughhhhh about that. Good news is that it is raining this morning so it's much cooler and the temperature is nice and cool. Lares and Draco don't like it though LOL they are pansies. No, not really, they just don't like getting their paws wet at all.
I think in the next couple weeks (I'm off on Mondays from work) I think I'm going to go job hunting. Work has been getting worse and worse & I'm not making enough money. It's not the hours, it's the tables I've been assigned and the customers in general. They aren't tipping and I have been having some lousy sections. One of the reasons for this is "the princess" I imagine just from those words you know where this is going. She gets whatever she wants no matter what. She has bitched to my Manager so that the sections have been rearranged to where once some of us may have made a little bit better money ~ she gets them. Most of the other stuff is in that vein. I'm tired of it & frankly I don't need to deal with it any longer. She "might" be leaving in the next week or so ~ or at least that is what she has told some of us... with the changes in the floor plan I don't know now, I don't know if the threat of her leaving made my manager change the floor plan or if it is just plain pandering. (shrug) whatever it is ~ unless things straighten out considerably, there is no reason to stay. Wish me luck.
Thing is with that kind of solidifying in my mind, it's kind of a relief. Make sense?.
I've been stressing about everything in general I guess ~ I read the paper I'm sad, I watch the news I'm sad. I listen to the hypocrisy that goes on with the running of the government, listen to Rick Perry run his macho lame brained idiotic mouth and want to slap the sleeze ball. Cindy is very protective of being Texan so I don't diss it too much to her but heck!! I can't even go into it because it just ticks me off too much and frankly again? it scares the pork out of me. Almost this whole state does. If you aren't white, a member of a protestant church, straight etc. forget about it. Grrrrrrrrrr moving off the subject very quickly in that ----> direction.
I have no idea what C and I are going to do this weekend. Will figure it out eventually I guess. Have a great weekend.
If you decide to go job shop, I hope you are successful. Stay cool and have a great weekend :o)
ReplyDeleteI hope your job hunt is successful! The fact that you feel relieved about deciding to look speaks volumes.
ReplyDeleteYou already know how I feel about what Perry said...you're preachin' to the choir!
Teresa, wishing you the best of luck with your job search, you do deserve better then crappy customers who do'nt bother tipping, that would piss me off too !!!!!! Hope you and Cindy have a great weekend !!!!! Hugs Lisa
ReplyDeleteMelatonin? Does it work on you? It makes me dizzy/nauseous, but it works great on Jesse and the boys. (You know I love my Ambien)
ReplyDeleteSophie (the cocker) hates getting her paws wet, too. She's such a priss. LOL
yep,its time to go look for new job hun.the fact you feel a sense of relief at the thought speaks volumes.that or tip princess in the trash can??either/or.lol good luck teresa,love mort xx
ReplyDeleteI don't sleep when I don't take my estrogen pills. Not a friggin' wink. have you had your hormone levels tested?
ReplyDeleteI've thought this before & I may never have said it, it must be so difficult to hide your who your true self is (being in TX). How did you decided to live in TX anyways?
hugs & blessings*
I find that being stressed doesn't help my sleep cycle AT ALL! While Paul was in Afghanistan a friend of mine introduced me to sleepy time tea by celestial seasonings. It really works for me! As long as I remember to drink it before bedtime that is. :) If you do start job-hunting I wish you every success in finding a new position.
ReplyDeleteI know you've been unhappy where you are at work for the longest time dear friend. Maybe now is the time to move on in the job dept.
ReplyDeleteI also know what it's like missing hours of sleep. Here's to hoping things settle down soon and you can get some much needed rest. (Hugs)Indigo