6.01.2009

C's thoughts about the GM Bankruptcy & a few of my own.

Photobucket

I don't know if I've ever mentioned before but C. works for a GM/Chevrolet Dealership a decent sized one too! She also works for the same owner's dealership of Nissan in the role of Pre-Owned Car Service Manager (for BOTH dealerships) and guess what? She's a woman. She's been in the car industry for a couple decades all total. She knows what's been going on BEHIND the scenes as far as what is going on with the Government vs. GM vs. the UAW and a few other areas. I'm enclosing a letter she wrote so that everyone could read it (if they care to, or not if their minds are so dead set in their own ideas or are so anti - government that they can't or won't read what she's written with a open mind). Check out the 2nd link above it shows who is holding the bonds i.e. "the creditors" etc. Here goes...
:::Inserted later:::: here are the links that I have mentioned, couldn't get the enclosure link thingy to work.

http://blog.brian-fitzgerald.net/?p=17
http://money.aol.com/article/the-20-largest-creditors-of-general/506689?flv=1
this link is the one that C. put in her "letter"
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3947


Recently in the last few months I have had the privilege to listen, read, watch the people around me say such incredible things about General Motors that are outsiders just looking in. I guess the biggest question on my mind would be "What is it you think General Motors did wrong"? In reading a comment this morning off Teresa's facebook page it would be "they are Not competive because of the UAW contracts". If that is the case, shouldn't you be sounding off at the union which is not GM owned. Even here in the car business (and yes I am employeed by one of the GM dealerships that is being effected), we think the UAW has held ALL American car companies hostage for years. Wouldn't it be more feasable to look at Obama with his pro union views and think he wasn't trying to save the car companies for the companies but for the unions?
All GM did for 100 years was make cars, feed families, invest in their communities, invest in their countries, and let thousands of people like me live the American dream. They have paid their bills, built nice cars, have educated their customers on better ways to drive to make the cars last longer, and supplied thousands of jobs to regular "Joes" like me. Having followed and been involved with almost every step of this roller coaster ride, the one thing that they couldn't control, but the government can.........$4.00 a gallon gas, started the downfall. (I live in an oil rich city that was booming in the 80's but for now that is a separate isssue).
As far as I see it it's really very simple.....don't drive a GM vehicle (as apparently you are not a GM fan), don't spout off out there in cyberspace when it effects people that you come across (because this is effecting Teresa directly), get better educated on the whole picture instead of just what the news and media outlets want you to know, read http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3947 the cause and effect of oil prices. (link is shown above).
When you read this I hope that you respond and give me an answer to the question I asked in the second line of this whole thing on GM and that is "what act do you want GM to get together and what is it that you feel like they have done wrong". From this side of the fence and as one who's stocks (yes I invest in the company I work for) went to $0.00 this morning I can still honestly say in my mind.....nothing.


(CLICK THE TITLE OF THIS ENTRY FOR THE LINKS PROVIDED)



Photobucket


That's the end of her part. Now, to my part. There won't be much because C. summed it up pretty well I think.
I realize that to some of you that this is a "government" thing you are against not the Corporation itself. To some it's a huge monster mash of the totality being the whole rotten mess.

Remember when you think government? This didn't START with President Obama, this started in the "ultra privilaged Bush/Cheney who had all those said oil companies in their back pockets" why didn't THEY do something at the beginning of it all????? Why didn't they say NO to the Fannie Mae debacle or the AIG one ?? Or the other Wallstreet bailouts where toilets where bought for $1000's of dollars? of supposedly what is OUR money?? Doesn't matter whether you are democrat or republican it is still everyone's money. Not one person's.

Know what it's costing Dallas to "protect" the EX president while he lives there? or rather it's not costing Dallas per sae but the citizens of the U.S. of A.?? A Million Dollars a year for security... don't they realize the old man has his own personal fortune (some of that from said oil/gas industries) oh and can we say "Haliburton" ? How much did those two fools make with THAT sweet deal?? and frankly I think he should use his own money instead of taxpayers money to cover his ass because he made himself look like a utter baffoon while he was in the White House for 8 lost years. AND made the U.S. of A. look like a laughing stock. Hey he dug his own hole in the wall let him deal with it.

Just don't do it with MY money.

Below are some pic's of the companies that put so much extra money in the Bush/Cheney pockets oh, and their cronies.



There was bytching when this was going on during their term, the "evil" Texas Cowboy with the big mouth. Is anyone remembering these things while they are ranting about Obama having to come in and clean up their mess?? Pointing fingers is easy, believe me, I've done and AM doing it.... the real question is and the awnser needed FOR ~ is what will be when this is all fine and done? I know for myself, I have no idea.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Those are just a few... :)


2 comments:

  1. It astounds me that there are people that are blaming Obama for the mess we're currently in. Hello?! As for GM, there are no easy answers, and always many layers to peel to get to the core of the problem. Great letter from Cindy, and a great post from you! XO Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! Very good post.

    ReplyDelete