12.05.2008

Recipe time :) Cranberry Upside Down Cake

Photobucket


Hello all ~ here's another recipe for you, it's quite good! I haven't baked this in awhile mainly because Cindy is allergic to cranberries ~ but I think I might just go ahead and bake one for myself within the next week or so because I love Cranberries!!
It's very easy and not expensive at all ~ try it, you'll like it :)

Cranberry Upside Down Cake

Ingredients:

Topping
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 1/4 Cups Dried Cranberries
1/3 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Honey

Cake

1/4 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Applesauce
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup either 2% or below Milk

Directions

For topping ~ bring orange juice to a boil, turn off heat and add cranberries. Soak for 30 minutes; discard juice. Heat butter in a skillet till bubbly. Add honey and cranberries and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Pour into 9" square or round pan.

For cake ~ Preheat oven to 350* (degrees), cream butter & sugars, add vanilla, eggs, egg white, applesauce intil combined. Add dry ingredients & milk alternately until completely combined. Pour over cranberries in pan & bake 40 - 45 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes; invert on platter & allow to slip out of pan. The easiest way to do this for me is to put the plate over top of pan, holding it firm, flip over the pan and set plate on counter while holding pan in place, slowly remove pan until it slides completely off of cake. Sprinkle with Confectioners Sugar once cooled if you like :)

Hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, sounds good. Does it taste sort of like a coffee cake, or pineapple upside-down cake, or something like that?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound yummy!
    I'm just discovering how much I like cranberries, always liked the juice...

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic looking Cake Teresa! Thank goodness Cindi is allergic to cranberries!! That means there's more for YOU to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete