
Here are some recipes for any that would like them :)
Egg Custard Pie

4 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Lump Butter
1 Unbaked Pie Shell
Beat eggs & sugar until smooth. Pour in milk and beat. Add vanilla. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Cut up butter on top of pie. Bake at 350* degrees until done. Remove from oven, let cool a little and sprinkle either some ground nutmeg on top or even some cinnamon/sugar. Serve either warm or cooled down.
Cherry Breakfast Strata

12 Cups day old Italian Bread (or other firm crispy crust bread) cubed.
1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
8 Ounces softened Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Sugar, divided
1/2 Cup Dried Cherries
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
4 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Cherry Syrup and/or Whipped Cream
Preheat oven to 350*. Put 8 cups of bread cubes in greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. In mixing bowl, combine extract, cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar, beat until smooth. Stir in cherries and pecans or walnuts. Spoon over bread. Top with remaining bread. In bowl, whisk eggs and Half and Half, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Pour over ingredients in baking dish. Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until browned. Let stand 5 minutes and top with either Whipped Cream or Warmed Cherry Syrup before serving.
I made your egg custard pie.........it was so delicious!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the recipe.
Hugs,Rose
Todd would love the egg custard pie Teresa, and I would love the cherry breakfast strata! I think there's something here for everyone! Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBoth sound delious!
ReplyDeleteI read this yesterday & bought the ingredients for the custard pies. I baked 50 loaves of bread Thursday for a charity org, & at the time they were talking about baking pies. Yesterday when I saw the easy custard pie on your blog I decided that's what I'd do for them today. Good thing I already bought everything because I awoke to a blizzard :-)~Mary
ReplyDelete