5.17.2009

Yes, update and bytch session ROFL

Photobucket

Good Morning everyone ~
Thought I'd better make a entry or some of you might come hunting for me :)

Not much is different than my last entry, fighting the never ending fight I guess you'd say. I have been keeping my eye on the classifieds etc. ears open etc. for another job. Right now it's really slow economically so the restaurant business isn't that great and that's something to say when you live in a town where there's pretty much nothing to do on the weekends except go out to eat, go to the movies or "cruise" the main streets if you are a teenager.
Let's just say that there are three kinds of teenagers here ~ the poor, the rednecks (a term they are proud of) and the wealthy, spoiled rotten one's whose parents have bought them new mustangs, beemers or etc. It's sad.

They had a vote this past week on the northeastern or "in" the northeastern part of this county to try to pass a vote to make it "wet". This is a very dry county that is funded mainly by old money and religious views. It's just been in the last year and a half that you could purchase mixed drinks other than beer or wine without belonging to a "club" which was the county, in as much it created a way for them to know where you drank, what you drank and watch dogged you. It was voted out at the time "the club" that is. No alcoholic beverages are allowed to be sold in the grocery stores or what I call "jiffy stores" (7 eleven type convenience stores) or liquor stores. ANYway they TRIED to have a vote where they could have liquor stores, allow the sale of alcoholic beverages in the conv. stores and in grocery stores...I had heard it had failed but apparently they are having a recount because the vote was very close. When one wants to purchase alcohol to have at home etc. one must drive almost a hour in each direction of this city in order to purchase it. SO this county misses out on all kinds of tax revenues etc. that could HELP this county in huge ways, instead that money goes to the counties that surround this one, the people say here that "such and such county doesn't need tax revenue from THAT kind of income" ignorance is not bliss. But no ~ the religious right had to stick their freaking noses in and force their opinions and will on everyone else. Even the Muslims got into the act. I am SO SICK of that crap. If you want to drink or purchase alcohol, do it ~ if you don't? then don't. DO NOT force your opinion on ME. Am I wrong? I don't think so. But then I have the right to feel that way & to my views.
::NOTE:: You know what? I might not be so upset about the religious right if I felt like my beliefs were given the same equal opportunity as theirs. If you don't understand someone's beliefs that aren't your own? take the time to study it, read, watch videos, find others of the same belief and learn about them. Don't just judge and go by other peoples ideas. Get ideas and knowledge of your own. Become enlightened.

Obama is doing the best he can with what he inherited from the Bush regime. People are bashing him for it. Where were the fools when Bush was getting this country in the quagmire that it is now? did they have their tongues glued to the roof of their mouths? The man is TRYING. Instead the garbage that is spewing from peoples mouths, from keyboards etc. is really burning me out. I'll believe in the man, right OR wrong because he is TRYING and he doesn't have a ego the size of say a ELEPHANT on his shoulders. All those that are harrassing him? you get your ass up there and try to do a better job and unwind the mess that was there when he walked in. You know what else? HE IS A NICE PERSON!! he's not a arrogant ass**** like the thick headed old moneyed idiot that got voted OUT. Things aren't going to change overnight or even in a few months...it's going to take time. Give him a chance.

Yesterday was C's nephew's birthday party and I think he had a good time :) we had hotdogs, sandwiches, cake, soda etc. He was a pooped boy when it came time to go home and the weather actually turned out nice and breezy, very low humidity, the rain was coming in from the west but it was taking it's sweet time getting here so it made it a lovely day.

I was up at 3:45 a.m this morning, couldn't sleep, back was bothering me, was having a dream that kept going over and over in my head (no I don't remember what it was about) and my back was killing me LOL. I will most probably take a nap later on.

I am sorry if I seem so angry or down so much. The thing is? Is the fact that I am angry, I'm fighting this depression crap, not sleeping well at all and worries on top of that. It's like almost everything I see people do, say, how they drive, the way they breathe etc. just ticks me off. It is just building and building inside of me and damned if I know what to do about it.

Be Positive! Uplifted! Happy! Yadda Yadda Yadda... guess what, if I could I WOULD. I don't like feeling like this. I don't like living like this. And no it has nothing to do with C. it has to do with something within myself. I don't know what it is though.

Okay I'm going now. Have a great weekend.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Something that has worked for me in the past, when I see something that makes me angry, is to ask the question, does their action directly impact me? If not, shake your head, smirk, and release the anger. Sphere of influence is how I call it. Hope things smooth out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee....you know I love my angry women!

    ::hug hug hug::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, I agree with you as always, I ca'nt believe all the people I see bashing Obama, He is doing the best he can- sheesh hope the job market turns around soon, Love Ya and Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, and we are getting excited about possibly getting revenue from "pot" sales in California!
    This always cracked me up- dry counties in the south and then there are the ABC stores- what a hoot- Anger becomes us sometimes- I am seething as I write...Coexist, Dannelle

    ReplyDelete